SIMPLE Presence

On 3/21/08, Samer Faour <smf18 at aub.edu.lb> wrote:
> I configured presence on an openSER server. It works perfectly with
>  xLite. Buddies see each other and notify and publish messages are sent
>  properly.
>
>  When PJSIP (XP version) is used, after adding accounts and buddies,
>  subscribe messages are sent properly.
>
>  Then, changing status on the client goes through 3 stages.
>
>  1. Changing status and receiving a notify at the other end works for a
>  very short while (less than a minute).
>  2. PUBLISH messages are sent to the openSER server, and it sends
>  several NOTIFY messages to the other client before receiving a 200 OK.
>  3. PUBLISH/OK messages are exchanged between the publishing client and
>  the server and the server no longer sends NOTIFY messages to the
>  subscriber.

IMO, if you use PUBLISH, then all that client needs to do to change
its status is to send PUBLISH, and the rest is up to the presence
agent (the server). So if the server stops sending NOTIFY, I'm not
sure if that has anything to do with the client. But anyway, check the
log files to see if there's anything peculiar.

Cheers,
 -benny