Buddy List (Klaus Darilion)

Samer Faour wrote:
> Can you please explain what you mean by SIMPLE features?

Having SIP based presence (=SIMPLE) and storing resource lists (e.g. a
buddy list, or privacy rules ...) are 2 completely different tasks.

In the client you need:
  1. a SIP stack which supports presence (pjsua does support SIMPLE
(=SIP based presence))

  2. a XCAP client to upload/download resource lists from an xcap server
(pjsip does not support XCAP)

On the server side you need:
  1. optional: a SIP presence server, e.g. openser (if you want to
server based presence). If you do end-2-end presence you do not a
presence server
  2. an XCAP server (like openxcap)

Thus, if you have a SIP client based on pjsua, you can have presence.
But if you want to have XCAP (for storing the buddy list on the server)
too, you either have to extend pjsua or add XCAP support in your
application.

regards
klaus