SIP Browser Embedded

It is also possible to develop a toolbar or a BHO (Browser Helper Object: it
is like a toolbar but not visible) for Internet Explorer.

Here are the steps to achieve that:

1 ? Create a dll wrapper for pjsip in C++ (there are many thread on this
list). This dll has to be copied in the Internet Explorer folder.

2 ? Create a toolbar in C#, see:
http://www.codeproject.com/KB/cs/BandObjects20.aspx

3 ? In your toolbar you can put fields for sip address and buttons (hang
up
)

I already did that, it work great.

Hope it helps

Didier

  _____

De : pjsip-bounces at lists.pjsip.org [mailto:pjsip-bounces at lists.pjsip.org] De
la part de Thomas Plotkowiak
Envoy? : vendredi 29 f?vrier 2008 15:14
? : pjsip list
Objet : [pjsip] SIP Browser Embedded

I was wondering what alternatives there are out there if I want to offer SIP
VoiP Telephony directly out of the browser, for Internet Explorer and
Firefox, platform independent.
Two main candidates for this approach would be Flash and Java Applets, both
are widely supported. I also thought about ActiveX.

Possible Java candidates are:
JAIN-SIP-Applet-Phone  - needs to install JMF, so useless, for
nonexperienced users.
SIP <http://www.sip-communicator.org/index.php>  Communicator - is written
in Java, but I dont see an Applet.

It seems though Java needs the JMF to work with audio and video, so this
approach is pretty useless.

Possible Flash candidates are:
WengoVisio - but you are limited to use their service, yet it shows that is
seems to be doable.
TringMe - seems to work with any sip provider. yet lacks video support.
 <http://www.flashphone.ru/> Flashphone <http://www.flashphone.ru/>  - also
limited to use a certain provider.

Possible ActiveX candidates:
VaxVoip - Unlimited simultaneous call/voice sessions $12,000 ...
PjSiP - This would open possibility to write SIP User Agents in Visual Basic
(VB) or C# .NET. Once we had an experimental ActiveX component for
pjsua-lib, but the development has been cancelled in favor of Python (which
can generate ActiveX too!).

Are there any details about the activex implementation of pjsip? Or maybe
more candidates?

Cheers
THomas