Problem with PJSIP on a uClinux

On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 12:27 PM, Gianluca Crucill? <crucilla at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > 1) The output from the function snprintf in uClibc isn't the same output
>> > as
>> > the same function in libc.
>> >

>> What exactly is the difference?
>
> if I put in the function in uClibc a whole string it returns a char \0
> instead the other function returns a correct whole string..
>
> This difference is important when I create the SDP part :
> In the first case the SDP contains a char \0 and in the second it doesn'
> contain a char \0

Does it mean, in uClibc, the NULL character is counted in the returned
string length? That sounds wrong.

We rely quite heavily on the return value of snprintf(), this is used
as the string length for pj_str_t. If the NULL character is counted in
the returned string length of snprintf(), then lots of things will
contain NULL character in it (e.g. NULL characters in the middle of
SDP, as you pointed out).

>> > 2) With a sniffer I see that the ID string for a stereo codec L16 is
>> > always:  L16/CLOCK_RATE//2
>> >     Why there is "//" in the string?
>> >

>> It's a bug. I've just fixed this in r2072, thanks.
>
> Ops..sorry..probably I have a old svn version..

No, you were right. I've just fixed that few minutes ago based on your report.

>> > 3) In third_party -> portaudio: The function PaOssStream_Prepare() in
>> > the
>> > pa_unix_oss.c file makes a infinite loop on a uClinux
>> >

>> I'm afraid we're not really expert on OSS subject. Can you explain
>> more? Or perhaps it would be better to report this to PortAudio list.
>
> OK..but I don't know the address to this PortAudio list.

Start from http://www.portaudio.com/

Cheers
 Benny