PJSIP in ARM - CPU consumption

On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 10:19 PM, C?sar Davi <cesargxn at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>

> I'm developing an application to run in an ARM platform using embedded linux.
> I've cross-compiled it using pjsip 0.8.0 and arm-linux-gcc. I've
> downloaded the demo file
> (pjproject-0.8.0_arm/pjproject-0.8.0/pjsip-apps/bin/samples/siprtp-arm-linux-gnu
> ) to the target board using the
> option for 8 SIP calling:
>
> siprtp-arm-linux-gnu -c 8
>
> The busybox TOP command has shown there were 12 threads and one of
> them was consuming 86% of CPU processing power (8
> simultaneous call without audio, just SIP signalling).

Actually although there is no audio, siprtp sample application does
send and receive RTP packets. So it's not totally idle on the media
side at all.

> Is this high CPU consumption normal?

Yeah it looks high. What ARM is that?

> Is there a way to decrease it?
> How can I optimize my app?
> Is this 12 threads quantity normal for 8 SIP calling?

In pjsip the number of threads (0-N) is chosen by application, and in
siprtp it happens that it uses one thread per call. As Tanguy pointed
out in the other mail, the link to the FAQ contains lots of switches
to enhance performance, please try that out.

Cheers
 Benny