JACK Sample Rate

On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 3:57 AM, Esben Stien <b0ef at esben-stien.name> wrote:
> Trying to use pjsip with JACK portaudio plugin. You seem to try to
> open the JACK device in a sample rate other than the JACK server
> sample rate. This is of course not possible.
>
> JACK is most probably running at 44.1, 48, or 96 kHz. Mine is
> 96kHz. There must be some separation of what sample rate you open a
> JACK device with and the sample rate you use in the pjsip application.
>
> You have to do resampling when opening a JACK device.

You can always give pjsua --clock-rate option to force the media
framework (inc. the sound device and the conference bridge) to run at
specific sample rate. Then things will be resampled automatically as
necessary.

But this was not very optimal since every media ports then need to be
resampled. So we added --snd-clock-rate option to pjsua recently to
open the sound device at different clock rate than the conference
bridge.

Cheers
 Benny