From: Benny Prijono <bennylp@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: presence
To: "pjsip list" <pjsip at lists.pjsip.org>
Date: Thursday, July 31, 2008, 4:43 AM

On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 3:11 PM, Joseph Maiquez <josephmaiquez at yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi Benny,

I noticed that sometimes the presence is not detected by the call back.

Example:
User A is friend of User B
User A with Account A status is Online status_text=Busy
User B with Account B logged in (with status Online status_text=Working), User B will get the status of A Online but not the status_text=Busy,

This was a bug. I've just fixed this in http://trac.pjsip.org/repos/ticket/582, thanks.
?

and A will get the status of B including the status_text Working.
When User A logged out, User B will be notified that User A had logged out.
If User A logged in again, User B is not get notified,

You should get the instant notification if you use a presence server and enable PUBLISH (with --publish command line option in pjsua) for user A. If you don't use presence server, then user B will only update the user's A presence status periodically, and the default value is once every 5 minutes (see PJSUA_PRES_TIMER macro in pjsua.h).

?

But User A was able to get the status of B. However User A will only get the status Online and not the extended Status_text Working.

If Both users are online before the changing of status, they can received the notification but once one of them log out, the problem begins.

This is the same bug as above.
?

I also noticed that the previous
 account logged in the phone even if logged out will change its status depending on the status set by the current account active.

Example

User A with Account A logged in and after an hour User A logged out Account A.

User B with Account B logged in (using the same device). If User B changed the status for the account B, account A status will also be changed.

I just did the following,

define pjsua element, put elem.note then update all users.

Hope you can help me with this.

Not sure about this, but it sounds like application configuration problem (e.g. the application is reading the wrong configuration file or something like that).

?
I also want to ask how can I set the program using pjsip to have only 1 account? I think it can handle 8 accounts as written in the documentation right? I want to have 1 active account and don't want to have any additional account.

It's the application that creates the accounts, so if you don't want the extra accounts, then just don't create them!

?

I also want to clean the account lists when logging out.

I used the ua.cpp as guide. You can look at it to know how I do my program.

I end my program with pjsua_destro(), did it logged
 out the accout from the server? did it erase all account in the account array?

The library will do the clean up as necessary.

Thanks
?Benny

?

Thanks