Building PJ for Firefox

Hi All,

  I tried creating PJ as an XPCOM component (Firefox extension). The build
(VC++ Express 2005) went fine (manually registered the extension using
regxpcom with Firefox) but it seems like the PJ threads (both SIP and Media)
won't start. There are no log files generated so can't be sure what is
happening.

  I'm using Firefox v3.0.1 and XULRunner v1.9 SDK.

  I have a plug-in-isation glue layer on top of PJSUA-LIB. I haven't changed
PJ except moving pj_init(), pjlib_util_init() and pjnath_init() to the glue
layer. I am calling PJSUA-LIB APIs from the glue layer. I also checked for
any thread-creation issues by creating threads using PJLIB in the
plug-in-isation layer itself. I could see the threads using Process
Explorer.

  I tried the same thing in IE (i.e. using ATL) with some minor
modifications to the plug-in-isation layer and PJ seems to run fine (as an
ActiveX control).

  I don't know what I might be doing wrong. Has anyone been able to run PJ
(as-is) in Firefox?

  - J