processor cycles for mean calculation

On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 4:26 PM, Ravi Inder Singh <raviinder at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I mean to say processor cycles required for the divide will vary but is
> likely to get higher as the no of packets increase + seession duration
> increase. Did you get it now?

I understood the sentence, but I don't understand what makes you think that
the processor cycles would be different with the increase number of packets.
Say if I have this simple C statement:

   a += b / c;

do you think the processor cycles would be different with different a, b, c
values? The answer is of course no, but perhaps I misunderstood the
question.

Cheers
 Benny