Controlling response to re-INVITEs in sip_inv.c

Hi,

I'm in the process of writing an application that uses PJSIP and
should have a greater degree of control over the SDP by manually
generating the structs involved and passing them to PJSIP. This holds
for an original INVITE as well as for re-INVITEs.

I was looking at how re-INVITEs are handled in sip_inv.c and from what
I could see the callback asking for a SDP response does get called
(rx_offer), but the callback needs to set a new SDP answer immediately
which is then automatically sent in a 200 OK response (or a 500 if the
SDP negotiation fails). How I would want my endpoint to behave is to
send a provisional response (180) in reply to a re-INVITE, present the
new SDP to the user somehow and wait for his/her input before sending
a SDP response in a 200 or maybe even some 4xx if the user does not
agree. The scenario for this would be useful for example for adding a
stream to an existing session.

My question is what is the best way to get the code in sip_inv.c to
behave in this fashion? I'm sure I could modify it to fit my needs,
but maybe there needs to be some consensus about this. Is this
behaviour wanted by more people?

Ruud Klaver
AG Projects