addons howto?

Hi guys/madames!

I'm no C expert and I'm facing the following problem, solving which
is proving a challenge to me, although I guess it's trivial for any
little-experienced C programmer.

I'm working on Linux.

I'm adding some new features to pjsip, which affect pjsua-lib, pjmedia,
and possibly other subsystems.

I'd like to make an 'addons' directory in pjsip root directory, with
the following structure:

 pjproject-$ver/

 +--addons/

    +--feature1/
    |  |
    |  +--src/
    |  +--include/
    |  +--...

    +--feature2/
    |  |
    |  +--src/
    |  +--include/
    |  +--...

Now, I have to include those new features in a lot of existing files,
so I have to change some Makefiles in order for the compiler to include
the addons/featureN/include directories. But I don't know how to do it.
My tryings were all unsuccessful.

Could anyone please explain me, in a very basic way, the steps I need to
take (e.g., the changes in existing Makefiles, the new Makefiles that I
have to create, etc.)?

I hope that I'm not asking too much and that I'm not going to get too many
RTFM answers! ;)

Thanks in advance for your kind assistance!
Best regards.

--
Filippo Zangheri

GPG key ID: 0x6C1F2F2F