pjsip, portaudio and JACK

Don't you think, www.pjsip.org is a bit too generic?
http://lists.pjsip.org/pipermail/pjsip_lists.pjsip.org/2008-February/001843.html
is a reference, but did obviously left some open ends. Is there any
HOWTO about how to combine portaudio and JACK?
The background: A colleague is obliged to use JACK on the one hand and a
SIP stack on the other for a specific project. He is familiar with PJ
under Windows only, but has no knowledge about Linux and JACK (as I
haven't either). Therefor the question on a HOWTO.