Questions about SIP Messages, pjsip Digest, Vol 11, Issue 4

>>/ Hello everyone,
/>>/
/>>/ I'm a novice in Python programming and further more in PJSIP.
/>>/
/>>/ I would like to send SIP messages containing XML data, form an user
/>>/ agent to another one avoiding sending requests neither to a proxy nor a
/>>/ registrar.
/>>/
/>>/ How can I do it ? Can someone give me a basic sample code ?
/>>/
/
>What exact SIP message do you want to send?
I would like to send standard SIP messages like INVITE ones but also SIP messages
which can contain XML data. For instance, a client machine send a SIP INVITE message
in order to establish the session with a server machine. The server accept with OK (200).
The client answer with ACK and send an other message containing XML data which describes
it with CC/PP data. For instance :
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<rdf:RDF xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#";
         xmlns:ccpp="http://www.w3.org/2006/09/20-ccpp-schema#";
         xmlns:ex="http://www.example.com/schema#";>

  <rdf:Description
      rdf:about="http://www.example.com/profile#MyProfile";>
    <rdf:type rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/2006/09/20-ccpp-schema#Client-profile"; />

    <ccpp:component>
      <rdf:Description
          rdf:about="http://www.example.com/profile#TerminalHardware";>
        <rdf:type
            rdf:resource="http://www.example.com/schema#HardwarePlatform"; />
        <ex:displayWidth>320</ex:displayWidth>
        <ex:displayHeight>200</ex:displayHeight>
      </rdf:Description>
    </ccpp:component>

    <ccpp:component>
      <rdf:Description
          rdf:about="http://www.example.com/profile#TerminalSoftware";>
        <rdf:type
            rdf:resource="http://www.example.com/schema#SoftwarePlatform"; />
        <ex:name>EPOC</ex:name>
        <ex:version>2.0</ex:version>
        <ex:vendor>Symbian</ex:vendor>
      </rdf:Description>
    </ccpp:component>

    <ccpp:component>
      <rdf:Description
          rdf:about="http://www.example.com/profile#TerminalBrowser";>
        <rdf:type
            rdf:resource="http://www.example.com/schema#BrowserUA"; />
        <ex:name>Mozilla</ex:name>
        <ex:version>5.0</ex:version>
        <ex:vendor>Symbian</ex:vendor>
        <ex:htmlVersionsSupported>
          <rdf:Bag>
            <rdf:li>3.2</rdf:li>
            <rdf:li>4.0</rdf:li>
          </rdf:Bag>
        </ex:htmlVersionsSupported>
      </rdf:Description>
    </ccpp:component>

  </rdf:Description>
</rdf:RDF>

So, if I follow you, we can't do this with the python binding ?

Thanks.

>The Python wrapper)
>supports sending SIP MESSAGE message with arbitrary data (along with
>the usual INVITE, REGISTER, etc.), but currently it can't send
>arbitrary SIP message. The C version of pjsua-lib does supports this.

>/> Other question: Is it possible to send these requests over TCP ? I think
/>>/ but I would like a confirmation ...
/>>/
/
>Just instantiate a TCP transport and add ";transport=tcp" parameter to
>the destination URI, and the request will be sent with TCP.

>Cheers
> Benny

>>/ Thanks in advance.
/>>/