error in configuring SVN version

On 1/28/08, Anitha Suresh <anitharaj_2000 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi benny,
> i tried doing all the steps again as below:
>
> $ cd /tmp && \
>    svn co http://svn.pjsip.org/repos/pjproject/trunk
> pjproject && \
>    cd pjproject &&
>    ./configure &&
>    make
>
> But nothing is changed ,nothing is written to os_auto.h and m_auto.h
>
> here is os_auto.h

[snip]

> What could be causing this.....
>
> before i was using 0.7.0 release .....the os_auto.h and m_auto.h was fine
> ....it was getting all the data....whats wrong with svn....
>
> could u please get me the solution for this

I don't have a solution yet, as this is a strange problem and I don't
think there's anything wrong with the code in SVN (I've been doing few
fresh checkouts on several different Linux, uC-linux, OSX, and they
are fine). But anyway it's probably worth to find out where your
problem is.

What system are your running on?
In what filesystem (ext2, ext3, fat?) are you checking the code to?

But I'm not giving up yet, lets try few more things.

Try creating the configure script yourself (you'll need to install
auto-tools for this):

   $ autoconf -o aconfigure && \
     ./aconfigure && \
     make

If that doesn't work, lets try with 0.7 to see if the problem is with
0.8 or with your computer:

  $ cd /tmp && \
    svn co http://svn.pjsip.org/repos/pjproject/tags/0.7.0 pj070 && \
    cd pj070 &&
    ./configure &&
   make

Btw does anyone else have difficulty in doing "./configure" and
"make", with the latest SVN?

cheers,
 -benny