  From: Thomas Plotkowiak
  To: pjsip list
  Sent: Friday, February 29, 2008 6:14 AM
  Subject: SIP Browser Embedded

  I was wondering what alternatives there are out there if I want to offer SIP VoiP Telephony directly out of the browser, for Internet Explorer and Firefox, platform independent.
  Two main candidates for this approach would be Flash and Java Applets, both are widely supported. I also thought about ActiveX.

  Possible Java candidates are:
  JAIN-SIP-Applet-Phone  - needs to install JMF, so useless, for nonexperienced users.
  SIP Communicator - is written in Java, but I dont see an Applet.

  It seems though Java needs the JMF to work with audio and video, so this approach is pretty useless.

  Possible Flash candidates are:
  WengoVisio - but you are limited to use their service, yet it shows that is seems to be doable.
  TringMe - seems to work with any sip provider. yet lacks video support.
  Flashphone - also limited to use a certain provider.

  Possible ActiveX candidates:
  VaxVoip - Unlimited simultaneous call/voice sessions $12,000 ...
  PjSiP - This would open possibility to write SIP User Agents in Visual Basic (VB) or C# .NET. Once we had an experimental ActiveX component for pjsua-lib, but the development has been cancelled in favor of Python (which can generate ActiveX too!).

  Are there any details about the activex implementation of pjsip? Or maybe more candidates?

  Cheers
  THomas