audio problem with mobile 6 rtp

On 2/29/08, pierp.petri at katamail.com <pierp.petri at katamail.com> wrote:
>  HI,
>
> I am experiencing a strange problem on windows mobile 6 (HTC TyTn). Using
> "streamutil.c " on mobile device with sampling rate 8 KHz and the default
> configuration(PCMU codec), when I send voice signal to an RTP server the
> result is good . When I send the signal to a  automatic speech recognition
> (loquendo) the log dump is an audio sound that seems accelerated
> (oversampled) . In other words, if I slow down my speech, the recognizer is
> able to "understand" what I am saying. Speaking normally, it does not.  Does
> anyone knows what can be the cause. is it possible an errata RTP
> configuration?

Somehow I doubt that this is an RTP problem, since you said it's fine
when the other end is an RTP server. How much approximately the
acceleration is? If it's small (say, 1%), probably it's the sound
clock running faster on either end. If it's big, then there's a
problem somewhere, on either end. Perhaps you can capture the RTP
packets with Wireshark, save the payload to a file and try to play
back this to see if there's anything suspicious.

cheers,
 -benny