pjsua callbacks

On 2/11/08, Michael Broughton <Michael_Broughton at advanis.ca> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Can anyone help me enumerate what locks are held (and the lock order)
> when each of the PJSUA callbacks is called? Is this documented anywhere?
>
> These ones:
>
> on_incoming_call
> on_call_state
> on_call_media_state
>
> seem to hold the PJSUA lock. I suspect they might also hold a dialog lock?

Yes they do. And it's mandatory that locks must be acquired in uniform
order, or otherwise we'll have deadlocks. I was pretty confident that
such an important issue must have been documented somewhere, but turns
out there's none of this. So for now, the only information about this
is here: http://trac.pjsip.org/repos/changeset/729. I'll work on a
wiki shortly.

> I don't think on_dtmf_digit holds any locks.

Currently no, since DTMF comes from media and not from dialog. But I
think this looks like a bug, so I think I'll add call lock here.

cheers,
 -benny