Sending Partial Notification of Presence Information

On 2/8/08, Saumitra Sawarni <s.sawarni at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Can anyone will help me out finding the answers of the following questions :-
>
> 1) Does PJSIP supports SIP extension for Partial Notification of
> Presence Information?
> 2) Is there any method/function to send partial notification of
> presence information in PJSIP?

We don't support partial-pidf for now, so the answer to both questions
above will be no.

> 3) How could send the notification with the Content Type :
> application/pidf-diff+xml?
> 4) How to construct message for partial notification?

Currently PIDF/RPID message body is generated automatically by
presence module (presence.c, see
http://www.pjsip.org/pjsip/docs/html/group__PJSIP__SIMPLE__PRES.htm
for some doc). The reason why PJSIP handles PIDF/RPID content this way
is to make application programming easier, which I think most people
want.

So if you'd like to have more control over the PIDF content, I think
the only way is to create the presence module yourself. This may sound
like a huge undertaking, but actually it's not that bad, as the logic
of event subscription is already done in the event subscription
framework (evsub.c), and we should only concentrate on handling the
message body. The current presence.c is also just few hundreds line.

If you'd like to go this way, you can start with reading the PJSIP
Developers Guide PDF where event subscription framework and presence
module are explained in detail.

cheers,
 -benny