Symbian S60 APS

I am investigating using APS for Symbian S60 also. However, one thing that I
am yet to figure out is the
"Capability" requirement.
All documents specify that in order to use APS functionality the application
must have "MultimediaDD" capability.  But it is not possible to get that
capability in self signed products.

Is it possible to use APS without MultimediaDD capability?
Thanks

On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 12:39 AM, Fabio Pietrosanti (naif)
<lists at infosecurity.ch> wrote:

> Manoj Kumar Joshi wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have seen IPP related release. Are these codecs supposed to work
> > with Symbian port as well?
> If you want to achieve something similar to IPP, the S60 APS for Symbian
> 9 should be integrated inside PJMEDIA to handle directly the hardware
> codec support of S60 APS.
>
> This will cut-off some feature like "conference calling", but this would
> be the best approach in terms of performance and integration of pjsip on
> S60.
>
> Consider that APS provide you even AMR 4.75 with DTX (statistically
> average 2.36kbit)!
>
> If you want to invest following that path let me know
>
> Fabio

Shankar Venkataraman
1111 Derbyshire Drive
Cupertino CA 95014