Problem using G722 with PJSIP 0.8.0 over WM6 platform

On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 2:37 PM, girish_kumar <girish_kumar at infosys.com>wrote:

>  Hi,
>

> I am trying to use G722 codec implementation with PJSIP 0.8.0 version on a
> Windows Mobile 6 platform. The clock rate has been set to 16000 Hz while
> initializing pjsua.
>

> When I establish a call from an actual Windows Mobile device to WM6
> Emulator running on WinXP machine, I am observing media flow only in one
> direction. The first few RTP packets flow in both directions after SDP
> negotiation but the RTP flow from Emulator to Device stops thereafter. Media
> flow is perfectly fine from Device to Emulator and I can clearly hear the
> voice on Emulator machine. However, Emulator does send RTCP report packets
> to Device on regular basis; every 5 seconds I guess.
>

> I am not able to ascertain whether this is an issue related to limited CPU
> processing power of WM6 platform or some media related issue of using G722
> with PJSIP 0.8.0. Can anyone suggest what can be the root cause of this
> problem?

Is the microphone working on the emulator?

I never use emulator to do things other than GUI prototyping, and especially
not for testing media or things like that, since it has too many problems on
its own (like NAT connectivity, sound problem as you experienced, etc.). So
you probably shouldn't use emulator to test the media either.

Cheers
 Benny