OS X gives ETIMEDOUT during pjsip_endpt_handle_events when closing UDP media transport

On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 3:52 PM, Ruud Klaver <ruud at ag-projects.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 18 Aug 2008, at 13:56, Benny Prijono wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 11:23 AM, Ruud Klaver <ruud at ag-projects.com>
> > wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm running into an issue in the following situation (sorry about the
> > lack of code):
> >
> > 1. I do pjmedia_endpoint_create with 0 threads, giving it the ioqueue
> > from my pjsip_enpoint using pjsip_endpt_get_ioqueue
> > 2. I have a worker thread that does pjsip_endpt_handle_events in a
> > loop
> > 3. I call pjmedia_transport_udp_create to create a RTP/RTCP over UDP
> > port pair
> > 4. I destroy the UDP transport using pjmedia_transport_close
> > 5. pjsip_endpt_handle_events returns the ETIMEDOUT ("Operation timed
> > out") system error.
> >
> > On Linux this problem does not occur, it seems to be OS X specific.
> > Maybe it has something to do with the bug discussed in this thread:
> http://lists.pjsip.org/pipermail/pjsip_lists.pjsip.org/2008-April/002531.html
> >

> > That looks plausible, you can try the patch mentioned in that thread
> > to see if that fixes it. Or otherwise get the latest version. ;-)
> >
> > Cheers
> >  Benny
> >

> > Any idea what's going on here?
> >
> > Ruud Klaver
> > AG Projects
> >

> Sorry, I probably should have mentioned I am using the code from SVN,
> so this patch is already included.

Yes it should have been included. I'm not sure now what might have caused
this, but one possible reason is select() returns -1 and errno is set to
ETIMEDOUT. If this is a temporal error then perhaps we can ignore it.

 -benny