how to reduce CPU load and improve voice quality on mobile device FR

On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 6:51 AM, TARUN CHAPLOT <tarunchaplot at yahoo.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We are having a problem with running PJSIP on the neo freerunner, and have
> tried a
>  variety of solutions to fix this but still not successful.  The setup
>  that we are using is PJSIP on a Mac with OSX, and PJSIP compiled for
> openmoko.I compiled PJSIP for openmoko by setting the env using command
>  source /usr/local/openmoko/arm/setup-env
> and ./configure --host=arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi.

First thing first, what pjsip version?

 When we run PJSIP between the Mac and Openmoko, we are encountering
> problems.
> The  problem is that the sound quality is very bad. When we speak
>  into the Mac, the sound coming from the Openmoko comes out in stutters
> (on and off every half second). It is also full of static.
> When we try a VOIP call directly from mac to mac, it works and sounds
> fine.

If you haven't seen this, perhaps you can follow the checklists in
https://trac.pjsip.org/repos/wiki/sound-problems, and find out what the
exact problem is.

> I looked at the CPU load and found that it is almost 80% on freerunner and
> 25 % on Mac OS X.
> I have tried with different codecs e.g. speex ,PCMA and GSM.
>
> Please advise me that how can I reduce the CPU load. I have followed the
> following http://trac.pjsip.org/repos/wiki/FAQ#cpu but
> no improvement.

Now that's surprising. You *should* see significant difference in CPU usage
between Speex and PCMU. If not, then that probably suggests that the problem
is elsewhere.

Cheers
 Benny