simpleua - unspecified transport

On Fri, Aug 8, 2008 at 4:53 PM, Net Dabbler <netdabbler at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
> I have a problem with simpleua where I want to specify the transport as
> UDP, TCP or SCTP.  I attempt to call bob and I specify the transport as
> UDP (I know this is an optional parameter in the case of UDP) - see
> first line of log.  This is handled and the port is resolved - see line
> x17:01:44.732.  When the ACK is sent the transport is now 'unspecified'
> - see line x17:01:44.924.  This happens for all transport types.  On
> debugging it appears that pjsip_host_info contains nothing so the app
> tries to send it via UDP (the default) and then times out for TCP and
> SCTP based calls.
>
> Is this a bug in simpleua or am I doing something wrong?  Does the same
> thing happen in pjsua?

I rather doubt that. The ACK is sent to the URI in the Contact header or the
top most route as calculated from Record-Route headers, if any, so if this
URI doesn't have transport parameter then transport will be set to
"unspecified", and it will be determined in the SIP target resolution
process. In short, since the target is an IP address, then UDP will be used
since it's the default SIP transport.

> Background: we're using simpleua as a test application for using SCTP as
> a transport. We can workaround this problem but it breaks the use of
> other transport types. On a positive note, we've made calls using SCTP
> between two multi-homed PCs using two different wired networks. When we
> remove the cable on the active network, the call continues on the other
> network.

Sounds pretty cool.

Cheers
 Benny