SIP SIMPLE for GAMES

First the question:
Is it theoretically possible to get a list of all available users on a given
REGISTRAR, assuming we own the REGISTRAR?

Then the background:

I am thinking of using SIP SIMPLE with a REGISTRAR like OPENSER as a
Client-Server Game Architecture. SIP SIMPLE Messeging is used to exchange
relevant game state information, and the SUBSCRIBE/NOTIFY service to figure
out who is part of the game.

But for an initial boot-strapping setup I would need to transfer the current
list of users of the game to the new client. Then the client can take over
and subscribe the presence information of those users. In case a new person
enters the game the registrar should be able to update the players about a
new user.

Assuming that getting a list directly from the registrar I thought of
running a client UA on the same REGISTRAR machine who is the entry point to
the game:

- every time a new player wants to connect has to connect to this Central UA
running on the REGISTRAR machine.
- This central UA adds the new player to his buddy list.
- Then he sends the new player his current buddy list.
- Then he sends a this new buddy address to everybody in his buddylist.

Once a client is set up, he sends update information about his state to
every online buddy on his received list.

What do you think of this? Is that raping the SIP SIMPLE protocol?

Cheers
Thomas