Poor Voice Quality on Windows Mobile 6 (with Codecsother than G711)

On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 7:47 AM, girish_kumar <girish_kumar at infosys.com> wrote:

>  Thanks Benny, I will try to use latest SVN version which has WSOLA disabled to see if at least GSM works fine.
>
>  As I understand, PJSIP is using Speex 1.2 Beta 1 version. Is there any work going on for incorporating latest version 1.2 Beta 3 of Speex into PJSIP which may give much better performance as the basic Speex Codec library has been separated out of non-codec components and can be built without Floating point support. FPU is missing in Win CE which may have been a significant factor in its poor performance on mobile.

Yep we will upgrade to the latest Speex as soon as time permits. But
actually we already use the fixed point version if
PJ_HAS_FLOATING_POINT is disabled (which it is on WinCE config in
config_site_sample.h), so I'm not sure we will gain massive
performance improvements with the upgrade.

Cheers
 Benny