TOS over transport udp for sip, rtp, rtcp.

On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 3:45 AM, Rodrigo Vega <vegaroy13 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi benny:
>
> I've been doing a lot of research about this topic for pjsua... but there
> are some mailinglist for this but I think are quite old (2007) and I think
> that info is not available, I don't know where to find a post from january/
> 2007.
>
> I've set TOS using pj_setsockopt(), and I know that works in sip (I've just
> tested for py_pjsua over linux).
>
> For sip, I added pj_setsockopt inside this function udp_set_socket().

Okay.

> but for rtp, I added pj_setsockopt() inside this function
> pjmedia_transport_udp_create3(), but with not success like with sip. I mean,
> the code point of the message it still being 0x00, and not the one I
> previously setted.

PJSUA-LIB does not use pjmedia_transport_udp_create3() but rather
pjmedia_transport_udp_attach(). Maybe you should place the setsockopt
call here.

> I've also tried before call function pj_ioqueue_register_sock that is inside
> function pjmedia_transport_udp_attach, but there is an error, the error is
> that "operation not permited".
>
> And for last, I now that it's not really a good idea to modify the pjsua
> project, but I don't know where I can set my TOS/DSCP's for the streams. I
> wonder if could exist some global define over config_site.h and set per
> example:
>
> #define PJ_TOS_SIP 0x60
> #define PJ_TOS_RTP 0xB8
> #define PJ_TOS_RTCP 0xXX

I've thought of this, but the problem is setting TOS with setsockopt
doesn't seem to work on Windows (according to MSDN this mechanism has
been deprecated), so it's not straightforward to support this. And not
to mention other platforms as well such as Symbian. So because of
this, I think we can't do TOS at stack level for now.

Cheers
 Benny