Application crash on Windows Mobile 5.0

> Now this has been previously resolved as a pure codec issue where the
> only codec that worked on the PDAs was GSM. (I tried every codec in
> turn by giving it priority 1 and the remaining 0.) However, the sound
> quality is not up to par with a lot of dropouts and latency and
> optimizing GSM yielded no significant improvement. Besides it is
> pointless when the higher bitrate and better quality A-Law and Mu-Law
> versions of G.711, PCMA and PCMU, are available.

I can confirm the poor sound quality (G.711u). Watched with two ASUS PDAs,
Windows Mobile 6, wince_demo. VAD and echo canceller are off (Benny, the
final switch was indeed not set, but is now, so the half duplex problem has
gone).

The sound is some sort of "robotic" noise, worth to be used in Star Wars
next episode :)

Doesn't help much, I know...

I cannot confirm the hanging.

Regards