A few question...

On 13/04/2008, Zbigniew Baniewski <zb at ispid.com.pl> wrote:
> Hallo everybody,
>
>  I made a first few tests using pjsua - so I've got some first questions and
>  feature suggestions:
>

>  1. When starting pjsua, I'm repeatedly getting a message:
>
>   >>>  15:50:35.136   sound_port.c EC suspended because of inactivity
>
>  Is it just information - or kind of error message?

It is information, you can disable information messages by setting log
level to, IIRC, <= 3.

>  2. Although one can easily save the settings - there's no default settings
>  filename and location. It would be nicer just to type "pjsua" - and to have
>  pjsua in such case look for settings in default file ("standard unix-like
>  naming/location convention" could be used, like f.e. ~/.pjsua).
>

>  3. When waiting for the calls, I can see a message, but cannot hear any ring
>  tone. Is it unavailable right now - or I missed some setting?
>

>  4. Feature request: "quick dial" (with "URL completion"). Currently, when
>  trying to dial, one has to press m first, then <Enter>, then write complete
>  URL, then again <Enter>... wouldn't be nicer to introduce shorter form,
>  like "m 0491432134", and in such case pjsua could complete the URL by
>  itself (if it didn't notice "sip:" at the beginning), using the realm name
>  stored in settings, and adding "sip:" as a prefix (having thus
>  "sip:0491432134 at realm.my-sip-provider.com"), and - finally - immediately
>  making a call, without any further questions.
>

>  5. Perhaps in the future could be possible to add pure command-line
>  interface, and to limit the amount of information provided by pjsua; f.e.
>  there's really a lot of text when making a call - perhaps that verbosity
>  could be moved to separate "verbose mode" (new "-v" parameter? Or even two:
>  "-v" for "print all messages to screen", and "-l" for "log to file"), with
>  default one somewhat less "noisy" - limited to words like: "registration
>  at *realm* successful" (or "unsuccessful"), "connected", "busy", "wrong URL",
>  "1234567 is calling you" - and so on?
>
>  Why I'm asking for this? When limiting pjsua's answers to the essential
>  ones, and making it accept multi-word commands (just like mentioned above
>  "m 09876478"), pjsua could be "scripted around" using tools like "expect".
>  Such way one could write one's own user interface for pjsua - using curses
>  for text-mode, or f.e. using TCL/Tk for graphics. In addition, for such
>  command-line mode, pjsua's commands could be changed for a bit more clear
>  ones - f.e. it will be easier to use commands just like "call 0492853578"
>  instead of "m 123456789" (which is better for "one-key" command in current
>  interface, I understand this), easier to hangup a call would be by typing
>  "hangup" - and to hold it just by typing "hold" - and so on. You know: just
>  nothing to remember... using common english terms instead.
>
>  Pay attention, that some of the features - just like ring tone - could be
>  made at such additional user-interface level (f.e. "expect" detected "incoming
>  call from..." - so "play ringtone.wav" has been issued), allowing such way
>  an use of scripting languages to develop pjsua-based sip-phones. pjsua could
>  be kind of "core" for them.
>

>  What do you think?

About the verbosity thing (suggestion #5), it is already there, you
can set log-level from command line options independently between
screen & file.

Other suggestions may or may not be new things to Benny, so let see
what he'd say.
Thanks for the suggestions!

Regards,
nanang