From: pjsip-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:pjsip-bounces at lists.pjsip.org] On Behalf Of Benny Prijono
Sent: 3. huhtikuuta 2008 17:33
To: pjsip list
Subject: Re: message not received

On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 12:36 PM, Andreas Backman
<andreas.backman at sesca.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have noticed a strange behavior with PJSIP/PJSUA.
>
> It appears as follows:
>
> Everything works fine with registration to server and status
publishing. I
> can also send and receive IMs (tested with several different SIP UAs)
> without a problem.
>
> But if I leave the PJSUA unused (not sending IMs to or from it) for a
short
> period of time (like a minute or two) it just won't receive any more
> messages. The other UA just keeps sending the same IMs until a 408
Request
> Timeout occurs.

That sounds like a typical NAT problem. Strange as it might sound,
I've sometimes got the same problem, not with SIP though but with our
TURN client. After 1-3 minutes idle the data sent by TURN server
(located on the same LAN!) can't reach the client, and it will only
get through again after client sends outgoing data to to TURN server.
Wireshark says data does arrive in client, but still the client
application doesn't read it.

I also tried that on a WinXP SP2. And this problem goes away once I
turn off my Windows firewall. Could you try that?

Cheers
 Benny