qjsip and Qt - solved

Klaus Darilion wrote:
>> With this approach, all callbacks will be called in the context of
>> your Qt thread. There is still another problem, that is for
>> callbacks that are called from the media thread context (for
>> example, on_dtmf_digit(), or the WAV EOF callbacks if you have one).
>> Since these callbacks are not called by pjsip's worker thread,
>> you'll probably need to use the queue approach to process them.
>
> Is it possible to make pjsua single-threaded - so that even RTP is
> processed by a single thread?

It would depend on the platform where pjsip is running on, but
generally the answer is no.

Apart from SIP, actually there are two other threads running in
pjsua-lib: the RTP poll/receiver thread, and the sound device thread
that drives the media flow. The RTP receiver thread can be disabled
by setting pjsua_media_config.thread_cnt to zero (I forgot to tell
you this), but the sound device thread would be impossible to
disable as it is created by PortAudio.

As far as I know, strictly single threaded model is only available
on Symbian, and perhaps embedded platforms where you implement your
own sound device abstraction.

cheers,
  -benny