Packet size, again...

Hi all,

Quite recently I asked a question regarding packet sizes. And got a
really good answer from Benny quick as a lightning.
I haven't had time to really dig into the code, and so the problem got
back at me today. Or so I am guessing...

I've seen packet size be well defined for G711 and G722 in the RFC's,
but what about other codecs?

Trying to set up two PJSIP machines running PJSUA using PCM, 48kHz, 16
bit, mono works just fine.
Doing the same in stereo is a no go. I'm guessing this might have to do
with packet size vs. MTU.
Would it be hard making a runtime command for setting the packet size? I
know I can set it at compilation time. But it would be far more useful
at runtime. Do you believe this will need too much programming effort?

Just want to know how deep this is, if I myself start trying to add it
to PJSUA

(I've so far tried to stay out of the PJSUA code, for future robustness.
I've constructed a simple GUI which actually sends command lines to
PJSUA and reads back the answers interpreting them into flashing
graphics.)

Best regards,
Matti Zemack, BBC, Kingswood, UK

http://www.bbc.co.uk/