library problem

Klaus Darilion wrote:
> Maybe it's the order of the "-lpjlib-util" in the
>> gcc command? Maybe this could help:
>> http://www.pjsip.org/trac/wiki/Getting_Started_Using
>
> You are right. I changed to order to add libpjnath before pjlib-util and
> now it works. Very strange - I always thought the order of the libraries
> is irrelevant. Thus, you should add libpjnath to the Getting_started
> document. Here is my order of the libraries (in qt's .pro file):

Yeah the order of the lib does matter. I know pjnath is missing in
the Getting_started wiki, and that's intentional, since the
instruction on that particular part of the Wiki only applies for
pjsip version 0.5.10.1 or older, which lacks pjnath of course.

> Although it now builds fine I still have a question :-)
>
> Why is libpjsdp not needed? I thought by using pjsua (which is a
> complete VoIP stack) I thought that SDP functions will be needed too?

Pssst..! libpjsdp is secret, and undocumented, so don't tell anyone!

The SDP stuffs are built into two libraries, pjmedia and pjsdp. If
application just want to use the SIP stack and *not* the media
stack, it can link with pjsip and pjsdp (and not with pjmedia). For
typical VoIP application that want to use both SIP and media stack,
it can link with pjsip and pjmedia, and it'll get the SDP stuffs
from pjmedia.

cheers,
  -benny