sound issue

2007/12/7, Norman Franke <norman at myasd.com>:

> Depending in how your are connected to the PSTN, you may have to
> generate the ringing tone yourself.

Is the gateway that generate the ringing tone, isn't it?
I don't know how I'm connected to the PSTN because I buy this service
from a provider.

> SIP generally will send a
> "ringing" message, but it's up to the client to provide the tone.
> Sometimes, I'll get one from the remote side, but that's after the
> media path is established.

Uhm...I don't understand this paragraph. Can you explain better?

> The PJSUA library has a tone generator you can use to provide this as
> well as other tones, e.g. dial tone, DTMF, etc.

Let me understand how....Can you send me an example...
I tried different way without success using python API. :(

Thanks

Regards

--
Alessandro R.