Side Tone Questions

Norman Franke wrote:
> I need to emulate side tone (a user being able to hear them self in
> their headset.)
>
> This works by connecting their input to their output. However, it's too
> loud. Is it possible to reduce just this volume and not their apparent
> volume to callers or the callers volume?
> The pjsua_conf_adjust_tx_level and pjsua_conf_adjust_rx_level don't seem
> to allow this. (I'm using the PJSUA API.)

You're right, currently there is no way to set different level for
different connection. The "level" arg in pjmedia_conf_connect_port()
was reserved for this purpose, but it's not implemented yet.

For now the only way probably is to create two instances of the
source and register them separately in the bridge.

cheers,
  -benny