[pjsip] Hole punching mechanism in pj-sip ?

Sachin Deshpande wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I am trying to integrate the file transfer mechanism in pjsip. First of
> all is it possible to use the TCP hole punching mechanism for this? I am
> looking for the location as to where in pj-sip TCP/UDP hole punching is
> done ?
>
> Is it done when  UDP transport is created also for TCP when TCP
> transport is created ?

I assume we're talking about media. When STUN is used, the UDP media
transport will send STUN bind request to STUN server to get the
public mapped address. Also another hole punching is done when the
media stream is started, when we know about the destination address
of remote media. Currently pjmedia does not support TCP media transport.

regards,
  -benny