[pjsip] VLANs?

On Sep 28, 2007, at 5:15 PM, Benny Prijono wrote:

> Norman Franke wrote:
>> Is there a way to configure pjsip (using the pjsua API) to use a VLAN
>> for all communication? This would make routing and security easier,
>> while sending normal computer traffic (file servers and web access)
>> out the normal way.
>
> Nope, there's no VLAN stuff in pjlib, let alone pjsua-lib. How do
> you set VLAN on a socket anyway?

That's a good question. All I can find is how to set up an interface
with vlan tagging. Perhaps that's the way to go, assuming I can tell
PJSUA to use a specific interface. This seems possible by IP using
pjsua_transport_config. My code would have to enumerate the
interfaces and select an IP of one based on subnet or something.

Norman Franke
ASD, Inc.
www.myasd.com