RTP encryption

anass kartit wrote:
> Hi,
>  does the encryption affect the header files in the packet? I assume the
> information of the header are not read from the packet, only voice data
> is important or do I need to modify the RTCP too. I use the same
> function to encrypt and decrypt since it is symmetric.

It's up to you on whether to encrypt RTP payload only or the whole
RTP packet. From the source that you sent earlier, it looks like
you're encrypting the whole RTP packet. Which shouldn't be a problem
(for the stream), as long as the decryption can restore the original
RTP packet correctly.

No you don't need to encrypt RTCP if you don't want to, and whatever
you do to RTCP will not affect the RTP stream.

cheers,
  -benny