Question : PJSIP client with Asterisk or OPENSER SIP server

I'm using a bit dated version of pjsip (5.8 or so) and it works fine
for me with Asterisk. I'd recommend monitoring the asterisk console
(asterisk -r from the command line) and setting the verbosity to at
least 3. You should then see the registration requests come in. I've
noticed that Asterisk seems to require the following to match: realm
(asterisk in my case), username and auth ID. I think it uses the auth
id to lookup in sip.conf, and different clients handle auth id vs
user name differently.

I have several pjsip clients authenticating to Asterisk in this
manner and I've not encountered any problems. "sip show peers"
reports in IP, port and latency (1 or 2ms in my case.)

-Norman