Re: SOAP wsdl:part name="request" element type question

On 10 March 2011 10:37, Richard Quadling <rquadling@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9 March 2011 15:56, Â<Brendan_Crowley@dellteam.com> wrote:
>> Hi Richard,
>>
>> Thanks for your reply, my files are now up on pastebin:
>>
>> ProblemReportService.wsdl: Â Â Âhttp://pastebin.com/m9q5tDaN
>> ProblemReport.xsd: Â Â Â Â Â Â Âhttp://pastebin.com/01YPU6Dn
>> dropdownvalues.xsd: Â Â Â Â Â Â http://pastebin.com/1Kvbvf5U
>>
>> I've used the wsdl2php.php from http://pastebin.com/r1BfRysT to create this php file:
>> ProblemReportService.php: Â Â Â http://pastebin.com/Txyc1mQM
>>
>> I understand that this ProblemReportService.php file needs to be utilised both by SoapClient and SoapServer, but how can I use this ProblemReportService.php file to handle the contents of my ProblemReport.xml to create the $request object for the Client?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Brendan

>>> xmlns:http="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/http/";
>>> xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema";
>>> xmlns:soapenc="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/";
>>> xmlns:mime="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/mime/";
>>> xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";
>>> xmlns:tns="http://localhost/ProblemReportService.wsdl";
>>> xmlns:ha1="http://localhost/ProblemReport.xsd";
>>> name="ProblemReportService"
>>> targetNamespace="http://localhost/ProblemReportService.wsdl";>
>>> <wsdl:types>
>>> Â Â Â Â Â Â<xs:schema attributeFormDefault="unqualified"
>>> elementFormDefault="qualified"
>>> xmlns:ha1="http://localhost/ProblemReport.xsd";
>>> xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema";>
>>> Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â<xs:import
>>> namespace="http://localhost/ProblemReport.xsd";
>>> schemaLocation="ProblemReport.xsd"/>
>>> Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â<xs:import
>>> namespace="http://localhost/dropdownvalues.xsd";
>>> schemaLocation="dropdownvalues.xsd"/>
>>> Â Â Â Â Â Â</xs:schema>
>>> Â Â Â</wsdl:types>
>>> <wsdl:message name="NewProblemReportRequest">
>>> Â Â Â Â Â Â<wsdl:part name="request" element="ha1:ProblemReport"/>
>>> Â Â Â</wsdl:message>
>>> <wsdl:message name="ProblemReportResponse">
>>> Â Â Â Â Â Â<wsdl:part name="parameter" type="xs:string"/>
>>> Â Â Â</wsdl:message>
>>> <wsdl:portType name="ProblemReportPortType">
>>> Â Â Â Â Â Â<wsdl:operation name="submitProblemReport">
>>> Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â<wsdl:input message="tns:NewProblemReportRequest"/>
>>> Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â<wsdl:output message="tns:ProblemReportResponse"/>
>>> Â Â Â Â Â Â</wsdl:operation>
>>> Â Â Â</wsdl:portType>
>>> ..
>>>
>>> I've created an xml file (ProblemReport.xml) that validates to ProblemReport.xsd.
>>>
>>> I now have a SOAP Client php file that needs to send this request to the SOAP Server, how would I write the client and server side in php?
>>>
>>> Client:
>>> try {
>>> Â Â Â$client = new SoapClient("ProblemReportService.wsdl",
>>> array('soap_version' => SOAP_1_1,'trace' => 1 ));
>>> Â Â Â// How would I define $request from the contents of ProblemReport.xml file?
>>> Â Â Â$return = $client->__soapCall("submitProblemReport", $request); }
>>> catch (SoapFault $fault) {
>>> Â Â Âtrigger_error("SOAP Fault: (faultcode: {$fault->faultcode},
>>> faultstring: {$fault->faultstring})", E_USER_ERROR); }
>>>
>>> Server:
>>> ini_set("soap.wsdl_cache_enabled", "0"); $server = new
>>> SoapServer("http://localhost/ProblemReportService.wsdl";,
>>> array('soap_version' => SOAP_1_1));
>>> $server->addFunction("submitProblemReport");
>>> $server->handle();
>>> function submitProblemReport($problem) {
>>> Â Â Â// How can I validate the $problem against a XSD schema?
>>> Â Â Â// and how can I unmarshal the $problem to access the data contained within the original xml file?
>>> }
>>>
>>> Any assistance appreciated.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Brendan
>>>

>> Do you have the complete wsdl file?
>>
>> My solution for the client is always the same.
>>
>> Wrap the WSDL and SOAPClient into an easy to use set of classes, essentially hiding the XML and SOAP aspects away and providing a normal OOP front end.
>>
>> I use Sourceforge's wsdl2php for that (combined with RazorsEdgeUK's patches).
>>
>> Take a look through the last few posts I've made on http://news.php.net/php.soap to see the sort of thing I'm talking about. There are links to some pastebin code too so you can see the code I'm creating/using as well as the output being generated.
>>

>> The SOAPServer's I've created have always been via Zend Framework which simplifies the creation of the WSDL file - I write the PHP code I want to expose, I add appropriate DocBlocks to that code and then I use ZF's AutoDiscover to create the WSDL file.
>>
>> Then I use wsdl2php to create client classes.
>>
>> I never write the WSDL file or create XML files or make HTTP requests.
>>
>> I use OOP and DocBlock documentation.
>>
>> But with the full wsdl file it should be a relatively simple process to construct the server classes.
>>
>> Of course, you _can_ do all of this without any of the ideas/suggestions I've made. But, for me, that seems to be missing out on the simplicity that comes with using PHP's SOAPClient and wsdl2php.
>>
>> Let me know what you need.
>>
>> Richard.
>>
>> --
>> Richard Quadling
>> Twitter : EE : Zend
>> @RQuadling : e-e.com/M_248814.html : bit.ly/9O8vFY
>>

> Oh. Interesting.
>
> It seems that wsdl2php doesn't support the translation of restricted
> types to anything concrete.
>
> So, currently wsdl2php is only giving you half the story.
>
> I don't think there is an instant fix here. I've not had to use a
> restriction on any of my code or in any of the services I've
> interacted with.
>
> How soon do you need this working?
>
> I have an idea on what to do to get wsdl2php working for restrictions,
> but I'm not able to do anything on it today.
>
> Richard.
>

> --
> Richard Quadling
> Twitter : EE : Zend
> @RQuadling : e-e.com/M_248814.html : bit.ly/9O8vFY

An interesting comment on
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/asmxandxml/thread/4d5b1e36-21b9-454b-b155-3d14bba49b82

The wsdl file _MAY_ be invalid. See the comments later on regarding XMLSpy.