need help setting cookie with data service

Okay,

On my original problem, I have been able to authenticate with the web
service login service, and extract a cookie as follows from the web-service:

$s_Cookie = $agLoginService->agGetCookie();
$s_Cookie =
AGSESSION=oxhbjcKtPw5sOymAD8m8KcKR6JL4i+TIE5mZxwOrXLwCRr8iTOvPxA==;

Now, I create data access soapclient:

$agDataService = new SoapClient($s_DataURL, $a_SoapOptions);   //yes I know
I should build my own class wrapper around soapClient, but I am trying to
make sure I know what to build before I do

I tried using:
$agDataService->__setCookie('cookie', $s_Cookie);

but I don't think it's right because when I call any of the service's
functions, I get no data back.

This is what their engineer had to say ( he is no help in php at all)

This is a question referring the http headers.  He needs to set the cookies
as given in the examples on the wiki page.  The cookie is specified in a
response http header as: Set-Cookie.  So the http headers he got back are
correct.  The cookie he has to set is
AGSESSION=oxhbjcKtPw5sOymAD8m8KcKR6JL4i+TIE5mZxwOrXLwCRr8iTOvPxA==;  There
should be an api for setting the cookie if not there is one for setting the
http header.  Set the http header name for the request (cookie - notice that
is different than what you get back from an http response - read the rfc
spec for http for all of the details) then set the value.  The semi colon at
the end is the delimiter for http headers (in the rfc).  That is all he
needs to do if he gets back some login error that means the cookies did not
get set correctly.

Any ideas or help will be great. Thank you.