Re: [PHP] Soap / Wsdl Beginner

On 22 November 2010 11:35, bkrqpzef <bjornulf.frode@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have never use SOAP/WSDL before. I need to access to a webservice to get
> some informations.
> I don't understand the technical documentation i got.
>
> I need to use the method "Tarif" it should be like that (according to the
> technical documentation) :
>
> <Tarif>
> Â<Clef></Clef>
> Â<TarifParams IdCo="">
> Â <Devis>
> Â Â Â<Personne>
> Â Â Â Â <Nom> </Nom>
> Â Â Â Â<Prenom>Prenom</Prenom>
> Â Â Â Â<Numero></Numero>
> Â Â Â Â<Type>Adherent</Type>
> Â Â Â Â<DateNaissance></DateNaissance>
> Â Â Â</Personne>
> Â Â Â<Parametres>
> Â Â Â Â<DateEffet></DateEffet>
> Â Â Â Â<CodePostal></CodePostal>
> Â Â Â Â<Produit> </Produit>
> Â Â Â Â <Garanties>
> Â Â Â Â Â <Garantie>
> Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â<Libelle> </Libelle>
> Â Â Â Â Â </Garantie>
> Â Â Â Â</Garanties>
> Â Â Â</Parametres>
> Â Â</Devis>
> Â</TarifParams>
> </Tarif>
>

> But i'm not able to do it. :s
>
> I have something like :
>
> $client = new SoapClient('https://adresseweb.com/file.asmx?wsdl');
> $result = $client->Tarif();
>

> Whatever i put into the "()" of "Tarif" I have a :
>
> Server was unable to process request. ---> Object reference not set to an
> instance of an object.
>
> Thx for your help and sorry for my english.
> --

For me, the easiest way to use a SOAP service which provides a WSDL
file is to take the WSDL file and from it, create a series of PHP
classes which encapsulate all the necessary XML/SOAP logic for you.

There is a small script which I use. It is available on SourceForge
and is called wsdl2php [1]. The patches by RazorsEdgeUK certainly help
also. If you want, I can email you directly a completely patched
version.

When you've got the script installed, you use it (as an example) ...

wsdl2php https://adresseweb.com/file.asmx?wsdl

That will create a single PHP script containing all the classes you
need to work with the service.

In your code, you can now use the those classes and all the XML/SOAP
stuff is done for you.

I have a small simple test block of code which can easily be amended
to fit any service to allow you to build a test client.

If you want the code, let me know.

If you can supply a full WSDL url, I can create the service classes
quickly enough.

Regards,

Richard.

[1] http://sourceforge.net/projects/wsdl2php/