SoapServer and integer types question

Hi

I'm using the SoapServer class (in PHP5.2.3) and noticing what seems like incorrect behavior.

When I have 10 digit (or greater) integer values returned from the SoapServer, they seem to overflow.

For example:

Schema type (from WSDL):                                  xs:long (or xs:int or xs:integer)
Returned value (from network trace):         <value>2147483647</value>

Expected value:                                     <value>3605736641</value>

Is this correct behavior?

I find that if I use xs:decimal for the type, I get my expected value back from SoapServer, but I'm concerned that there are unexpected consequences waiting for me in the future.

What have other people done in this type of situation?

Thanks in advance,

Bruce

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/196390710/direct/01/