Re: Re: E_ERROR in SoapClient

However, that doesn't happen if the WSDL cannot be loaded at all IIRC (e.g. on a 404).

- David

On 31.07.2009, at 17:52, Richard Quadling wrote:

2009/7/31 Richard Quadling <rquadling@googlemail.com>:
2009/7/31 Paulo Azevedo <halufa@gmail.com>:
My problem is that SoapClient triggers a E_ERROR ( Fatal Error ) instead of
throwing an Exception.
Since E_ERROR cannot be catchable I don't find a way to gracefully handly
this problem.

PHP Fatal error: SOAP-ERROR: Encoding: object hasn't 'profileData' property

Is there any way to gracefully catch this error?

--
-Paulo
http://twitter.com/halufa

You can tell the SoapClient to generate exceptions rather than errors.

[1] "The exceptions option is a boolean value defining whether soap
errors throw exceptions of type SoapFault."

Regards,

Richard.

[1] http://docs.php.net/manual/en/soapclient.soapclient.php
--
-----
Richard Quadling

<?php
try
	{
$client=new SoapClient('http://api.rkd.reuters.com/schemas/wsdl/Charts_1_HttpAndRKDToken.wsdl' ,
array('exceptions' => True));
	}
catch(Exception $exception)
	{
	echo $exception;
	}
echo 'Finished';

outputs ...

SoapFault exception: [WSDL] SOAP-ERROR: Parsing WSDL: Unknown required
WSDL extension 'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/soap/' in
Z:\soapbad.php:4
Stack trace:
#0 Z:\soapbad.php(4): SoapClient->SoapClient('http://api.rkd....', Array)