Re: SOAP-ERROR: Parsing WSDL

On 28.07.2009, at 13:34, Harald Amelung wrote:

Hello,

I am trying to connect to a webservice with WSDL but get the following error-message:

SOAP-ERROR: Parsing WSDL: Unknown required WSDL extension 'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/soap/'

This is how I try to instanciate the Client:

$client=new SoapClient('http://api.rkd.reuters.com/schemas/wsdl/Charts_1_HttpAndRKDToken.wsdl') ;

I am new to webservices and therefore have no idea what is the problem and what might be a solution to this. Could anyone help me?

The WSDL seems odd. It uses the soap12: prefix (and namespace) everywhere except for the defined headers.

Search and replace all occurences of
<soap:
with
<soap12:

and it will work.

I'm leaning towards saying that this is a bug in the WSDL, not in SoapClient, as the entire service is declared as a "soap12" (http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/soap12/ ) service, but then those headers are declared in a different protocol version (http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/soap/) which has no corresponding binding.

- David