Re: accessing the results returned from webservice

Mansour Al Akeel wrote:
On Thu, Jan 08, 2009 at 03:01:11PM +0000, Richard Quadling wrote:
2009/1/8 Christian Wenz <chw@hauser-wenz.de>:
Do you have
a public URL of the .NET web service?
https://beanstream.com/soap/ProcessTransaction.wsdl

This test script

 <?php
   $soap = new
SoapClient('https://beanstream.com/soap/ProcessTransaction.wsdl');
   $result = $soap->TransactionProcess('<a />');
   echo nl2br(htmlspecialchars(print_r($result, 1)));
 ?>

returns:

<response><trnId></trnId><trnApproved>0</trnApproved><messageId>0</messageId
<messageText>Invalid merchant id (merchant_id =
0)</messageText><trnAuthCode></trnAuthCode></response>

According to the WSDL, the return data type is a simple string. So the web
service is returning XML, no matter which technology you use. So it's
neither PHP's not .NET's fault :-) However since you are using PHP, you may
want to use SimpleXML to parse the XML.

--Christian
https isn't a registered stream for me it seems.

What output do you get for ...

var_dump($result);

this prints out the whole response as one string without the tags
brakets. So what ever the text of the all the tags is, it get appended
and printed out.

A soap client SHOULD return a stdClass object, so

echo $result->messageText;
This doesn't print anything. It's just empty.
Same thing with:

var_dump($result->messageText) ;

it shows NULL

Another thing (not related) is, I am passing the parameters as a nested array to the
web method, however, I keep on getting invalid xml format. The test
script in this email is passing a string and getting invalid merchant
id. Hum, I will have to look further into this. I was waiting to be able
to read the values from the response first.
should work.

No, this is not working at all.

if I may be so bold; I (along with thousands of others) use wso2; it may be worth considering (additionally you could knock a client up in 2 minutes using the provided wsdl2php scripts)