Re: Trying to call web service functions over https

I have acquired some updated information to my situation.

Currently the WSDL I am accessing can be retrieved over http and I can read and use its functions. The problem I run into is when I call those functions, the endpoint of the WSDL file calls a URL over https.

Using the program soapUI, I found that the error I received from the server says that I am not authenticated to read the data contained there.

Upon further investigations, I accessed the endpoint URL through firefox and saw that it used an SSL certificate. I also saw in an earlier post that php5 SOAP functions are able to access endpoints that use https.

Would it be correct that this means that SSL is not causing problems in my code since I am able to receive a custom error from web services, so the problem is actually that I am not sending my username and pw?

If this is not the case, how can I automatically acquire this SSL certificate as it does not seem it is using any keys from me for authentication, rather just letting my know it is who i think it is.

Also, how do I go about sending my username and pw to the server? There are no web services offered in the WSDL to allow me to authenticate at the endpoint URL. So does this mean I have to send my credentials in the header of the SOAP request? If so, are there standard tags that I can use to place my username and pw into?

The developer of these web services confirmed for me that the endpoint is using transport-level/SSL security and user authentication in the header, and sent me to this url for furhter help:

http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/websphere/library/techarticles/0504_cowan/0504_cowan.html

Unfortunately, this url implements a web service client in J2EE/J2SE using proprietary tools, would there be anyone that can help me translate this tutorial into php to help further my development? Thank you in advance, I will greatly appreciate it!