Slow Web Service

Hello,

I just created a class implementing Windows Live Domains service located at https://domains.live.com/service/managedomain.asmx?WSDL

I am testing it on PHP5 using cURL, SOAP and SSL and I notice that the application runs very slow. Actually we are using another implementation created with PHP that uses nuSOAP and it takes half of the time to make the same requests.

I want to establish PHP5 as a standard on all our servers but I now that this won't be possible this service runs slower than its predecessor.

I was wondering if maybe it has something to do with SSL, do you know how can I acomplish more speed? I should also tell that the script loops through around 20 domains querying for how many users each domain has. I'm talking about 20+ queries, 4+ minutes.

Thanks!