PHP SOAP cookie AJAX access

Hi,

I'm trying to build a site that will retrive data by SOAP from a remote
server. I want to maintain one SOAP session (from login till the completion
of the form)
till now I thought I can store the client object in the $_SESSION but I
understood that it was a mistake.

I need to be able to retrive information by SOAP again and again (I'll use
AJAX for that) without logging in again (renewing my session) is that
possible ?

Thanks

Nir