Re: PHP5 SoapClient: verify server certificate?

Kevin Mendel wrote:

> (1)
> It seems like verification of the server certificate is off by default. Is
> this correct?
>
> I cannot find any way to disable it or enable it or check it. Can the
> "verify peer"
> option be enabled? Can the option be queried?
>
> I see documentation for settings at the CURL or even the SSL level. But I
> am
> using the SoapClient, so it's no help. (Or is it?)

These questions would be very interesting for me too.

I dont't think that the verification of the server-certificate is off by
default.
If I want to connect a soapClient to a https-webservice without further
authentication and verification, the soapClient complains that it cannot
establish a ssl-connection (openssl and curl are enabled). So I think it
doesn't accept the server-certificate by default. But I use an untrusted
server-certificate, maybe that's a difference.