SOAPClient verification

Hello,

I've implemented several SOAP clients using SOAP header authentication and standard authentication as parameter values of SOAP functions, respectively. However, I still wonder what the best way is to verify that my client got properly instantiated and authentication succeeded. Using a simple try/catch around the SOAPClient constructor seems not to be enough as no error is thrown even though I use invalid credentials.

Cheers
Frank